You might think that the value of your home depends on your neighborhood and in the area in which you are living. But do you know that some home improvements can increase the value of your home? Now you will be thinking that you have to spent money which is out of your budget to make improvements in your home. But you don’t need to worry. Some inexpensive DIY ideas can do your work and remodeling plan.
So if you are planning to sell your home or if you want to charge more from people living on rent in your house or if you just want to make your home look better these DIY ideas will help you.
Improvement of Bathroom
You must have read somewhere that bathroom is a place to wash all your worries and get relief. So here are some ideas that are in your budget and will help you to improve the condition of your bathroom.
- Broken, cheap hardware such as drawer pulls, faucet handles and showerheads can make the look of your bathroom dirty. So, change them immediately with new ones.
- Take care of ventilation of your bathroom as moisture is your bathroom’s greatest enemy.
- Add a little accent in your bathroom by adding a rag rug as it keeps your feet nice and dry when you move out.
- You don’t not to always buy or make new furniture for your bathroom as a new touch of color (paint) can make it look beautiful.
- Spray painting on cabinets can make them free from stain.
- Use mason jars for keeping up small things in them like toothbrush, hairbrush etc.
- Good lighting is also important for your bathroom as dim light is necessary for a relaxing bath and bright lights are great for shaving and applying makeup.
- Applying new and beautiful tiles to your bathroom will add allure, luster and an expensive look to your bathroom.
- Recoat your old bathtub if it has chipped porcelain.
Improvement of Kitchen
If you got bored of your old kitchen design or you want to simply add a fresh touch of color and liveliness to your kitchen, then you should know that you can easily do this on your budget. Here are some ideas
- Paint your kitchen cabinet and drawer fronts.
- Laminate veneer over cabinet and drawer fronts or install new wood.
- Laminate benchtops as it will resist scratching and staining.
- Change the handles of your cupboards or drawers.
- Replace your old and broken taps with new ones.
- Apply tiles to your kitchen as they add color to your kitchen and are easy to clean and maintain.
- Change the flooring of your kitchen. A new floor can completely change the look and feel of your kitchen. There are many types of floor coverings and you can choose any depending on your taste and budget.
Improvement of Bedroom
- Add a duvet in your bed. A duvet cover and matching shams can help creating a whole new look.
- Make even your simplest bed look lush with a wall mounted headboard.
- Add rick rack, ribbon or trim borders to bed skirts or pillowcases.
- Wallpapering or painting the front of a dresser or nightstand drawers is an easy way to incorporate new color and design elements.
Improvement of Exterior of House
- Hedge your home with an adorable picket fence. Cover it with roses or vines.
- Add charm to your entryway by a simple stone or brick path.
- Add various plants in your landscaping to keep it looking fresh.
- Don’t forget to paint the house as it is very necessary for the fresh look of the house.
- Apply a nice clean mat and a clean door handle whose lock is properly working and is painted or stained nicely.
More things to be taken Care Off
- Take care of rats that they don’t come in your house as they spread diseases and make our home dirty. If you see any mouse in your house, lay mouse traps everywhere in your house.
- If you are feeling smell in your house especially moldy or musty smell, get rid of them with a dehumidifier, febreeze, open windows, boxes of baking powder and water/ bleach combination.
- Regularly wash your windows to keep them clean.
- Clean all the front stairs, sidewalks and driveway of your property by a pressure washer.