Bathroom is the first place where you go and begin your day and therefore this place should have to be quite comfortable. There are different ideas to make the bathroom remodeling much more attractive and appealing.
The modern bathroom cabinets are there to make the bathroom attractive and they will reflect the personality of the household. Bathroom vanities are widely considered to have the most important impact in a bathroom remodeling. Vanities affect the look and feel of the entire room. So, do you know how to choose best vanity for your bathroom?
Measure Your Space
The first step is to measure your bathroom. Measuring the space will help you to be aware of how much room you have to work with and what range of vanity sizes you should stay within. Check out how much counter space and storage space you need. Make sure to note the dimensions of the area where your bathroom vanity will be installed.
Decide Sinks You Need
- Single vanities- If there is not so much space in your bathroom, then vanities with one sink are best option for your bathroom.
- Double vanities- If there is no problem of space in your bathroom then this option is best for you. This is perfect Option for a shared of family bathroom.
- Free standing- If you need maximum storage space, then this style is best for you. It resembles a chest or buffet.
- Wall mounted- This style is best for small bathroom as it opens up the floor space. These vanities hang on the wall without legs touching the ground.
- Corner mounted- These vanities have a 90 degree angle at the back so that they can fit perfectly in a corner. Therefore, if you want to save space, go with this option.
- Frameless vanities- These have a sleek and a simple look. There is no frame and doors hung directly on the side of the cabinet. These are generally installed near the wall so they save space in your bathroom.
- Framed vanities- These cabinets generally have a traditional appearance. They feature recessed end panels and a rigid box like frame. Their doors hang on the front of the box and can be installed against a wall on either side.
- Furniture style vanities- These are well designed vanities usually offer sufficient storage space and multiple drawers.
- Widespread faucets- They have a spout with separate hot and cold water handles. All pieces appear to be separate.
- Centerset faucets- They combine a spout and valves on a single base unit. They may have a single handle mixing lever or two handles mounted on a 6 inch plate.
Types of Sinks
- Undermount- This sink is installed under the counter. This style makes the countertop cleanup easy as there are no exposed edges.
- Self rimming- This style is mounted directly into an opening on the counter, with its edges resting on it.
- Vessel- This style fits on the top of the counter surface. They are bowl shaped and do not require undermount installation.
Some other things to consider
- Take into consideration the best location for installing plumbing and electricity.
- Ensure that the room is well lit and safe for occupants of all ages.
- Include plenty of space.
Arrange your bathroom in such a way so that the placement of things is related to how much you use them and how much space is available.